Just popping in to share a few things:
1. The Bakery Story app on my iPod is my new obsession. I can’t stop playing it! It has gotten so bad that I go to sleep worrying if I’ve made enough food to keep my shop going while I sleep. I even worry I won’t wake up in time to take my baked goods out of the oven. Sad but true.
2. I buy way too many clothes that need to be ironed. Note to self, buy more knits.
3. Boys are not naturally clean creatures. 5 garbage bags full of trash, 3 full of old clothes and 6 hours tell me this.
4. I think I’m listening to too may audio books. It now feels odd when someone is not talking in my ear at all times.
5. I’m in a major transition period with my knitting. I keep starting things but can’t seem to finish anything.
6. I started Weight Watchers. I’m having so much fun “shopping” for good stuff to eat and reminding my body that fruits and veggies are really good. Hopefully by the end of the school year I’ll be able to take Boy Child to the pool in actual swimwear instead of shorts and a tank top.
7. We’ve gotten a bunch of new things in at the shop, and I’m having real trouble restraining myself. (see #5)
8. Boy Child has a new “grown up” bed and needs a new quilt. He has requested that I make him one. So, I will embark on my first queen size quilt. Hopefully no one will get hurt in the process.
9. I love doing laundry but hate putting it away. What’s up with that? I also like vacuuming, but hate sweeping. And, I love to mop but only with my steam mop. (I know that sounds crazy, but I’m okay with that.)
10. I’m getting my very own room for my yarn and my sewing! I’m so excited. When I’m not thinking about my bakery (see #1), I’m thinking about how I want to set up my new space. Yea!
Hi! It’s been a long time since I was in this space. I was slightly shamed I haven’t been more diligent in blogging this weekend when I was honored to meet Bubblesknits from Alabama Fiber Dreams. (Hi!) Lest you think she did the shaming, let me assure you the shame was all internal. So, I have decided to try spending more time in this space. (I know I’ve said it before; but like dieting, I will continue to start anew until it takes.) I had forgotten how nice it feels to share my knitting projects and plans with like minded people. So, let me get started. Here is what I have on the needles:
Project #1: Creature Comforts Cardi
(photo credit: Madelinetosh via Ravelry)
I’m using the wonderful Madelinetosh Vintage in the Brair colorway.
(photo credit: Eat.Sleep.Knit)
I can not even begin to describe my love for this yarn. It knits up so smoothly and has a wonderful drape. Another bonus is how light it feels even though being 100% wool.
Project #2: Cecilia by Elin Berglund (Ravelry Link)
(photo credit: Elin Berglund via Ravelry)
I’m using another Madelinetosh yarn. This time, it is the Tosh Sock in composition grey.
(photo credit: Eat.Sleep.Knit)
While I know I will love this sweater and will wear it to death, I’ve had a hard time getting started. You’d think that when you start a project 4 times, it would be a breeze. I’m sure it is just me since many other people have finished it with no problems. I’ve decided to just fudge where I need to and keep going.
Project #4: Pampas by Rowan
(photo credit:Rowan Yarns)
I’m using a new yarn we have in the shop, Creative Focus Linen by Nashua in chocolate.
(photo credit: WEBS)
It is so great. I’ve been wanting to work with linen for awhile, but I find it hard on my hands. I love the way linen feels worked up, but I can’t work with it. Granted the CFL is 50% cotton, but it is going to be so light and great for summer.
Those are the only things on the needles right now. I have plans for several more, though. Maybe those projects will be motivation for me to finish these. As soon as I get my camera up and running, I’ll try to get some in progress photos up.