So, here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Left work early to register Boy Child for school.
- Stood in never ending lines.
- Found out Boy Child’s vaccinations are not up to date even though I was told they were.
- Rolled my eyes at the PTO fees. (What is the PTO for anyway? I’ve never seen them do anything useful, and now I have to pay them to do nothing?!?!)
- Stunned at what the PTO was charging for school supplies.
- Bypassed the madness & decided to buy supplies somewhere else.
- Took day off work to participate in the tax-free shopping while everyone else was at work.
- Left house @ 9 am
- Went to Target for school supplies
- Went to JC Penny for shoes. Boy Child did not like any of them.
- Went to Wal-mart for remainder of school supplies. (If you haven’t tried Sharpie pens, do it. They are so cool.)
- Took a break for lunch.
- Went to Old Navy for jeans & clothes for Boy Child.
- Went to Books-a-Million for school books.
- Stopped at second Wal-mart to pick up what first one did not have.
- Dropped Hubby off at home.
- Went to the mall.
- Made returns at the Gap.
- Boy Child had a minor meltdown.
- Went to Macy’s for a backpack.
- Boy Child’s meltdown continued.
- Boy Child apologizes for bad behavior.
- Stop in at J. Crew for me.
- Go to second JC Penney to to check out selection of shoes. Boy Child did not like any of them.
- Stop in at Banana Republic for me.
- Grab a drink at Starbucks.
- Go to Joanne fabrics to get buttons for recently completed cardigans.
- Go to Band Try-outs – 4:30 pm
- Listen to 40 children who’ve never played anything, try out 9 instruments – tuba, trombone, trumpet, saxophone, drums, ect.
- Get a pounding headache.
- 7:30 pm – leave school & try-outs
- Eat dinner.
- Get home about 8 pm.
- Fall on couch & get into bed at some point in the night.
- Do a little sleep in.
- Get a call from band director about instrument Boy Child will be playing.
- Go to Bailey Brother’s music. They have no more of the required brand available for rent.
- Go to Art’s Music. Discover that they run your credit in order to rent for $78 a month. The were willing to sell me a used on for …. $1,168.
- Go to second Target & pick up a few things for me.
- Take a break for lunch.
- Boy Child eats a cinnamon roll the size of his head.
- Go to second Gap. Pick up a few things for me & Boy Child.
- Go to Anthropologie. (Boy Child vegged out playing on the iPod.)
- Stop at the grocery store for a few necessities.
- Cooked dinner.
- Scoured internet for a used instrument.
- Got up early for church. Started new volunteer usher post.
- Come home.
- More internet research for instruments.
- Took a nap.
- Back to church for knitting group.
- Watch a little Gilmore Girls.
- Wake up 1 1/2 hours early.
- Take Boy Child to doctor for required vaccination.
- Go back to work.
- Catch up on e-mails & work from taking the day off Friday.
- Take Boy Child to lunch.
- Get irritated by the people who choose to sit right next to us when there are dozens of other tables available.
- Go to Wal-mart for oil to counter act the squeak in my ball winder.
- Almost get hit by a little old lady who (I’m hoping) did not see me.
- Deal with horrible petty people at work.
- Stay late at work because I came in late.
- Come home.
- Finally decide on an instrument for sale on eBay.
- Buy instrument for a fraction of what the music store wanted.
- Think about how long it has been since I’ve posted.
- Write this post.
Pooped! Pooped I tell you!